Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's are so Special!


I know this is a few days late, but I think it is still worth writing about. When I was growing up I remember singing the song, "Fathers" in primary and thinking it was definitely about my Dad. Here is some of the text:

"Fathers are so special with a very special love. They watch us and protect us. They guide us and direct us, back to our home above."

I still feel special that I have the Dad I do. Some things I love about him are:
1-He is the first person to greet new neighbors
2-He has always magnified and fulfilled his callings
3-He sang me to sleep almost every night growing up
4-He would always send a postcard and bring a treat back when he traveled
5-He has always shared his treats from his birthday and other holiday's, plus when he gets clown ice cream cones for the families he home teaches, he also gets us one!

Those are just a few, but that got me thinking about how many things I also think are great about my Heavenly Father.

1-He is always there for us
2-He made the ultimate sacrifice for us
3-He is not judgemental and is the epitome of Love
4-He has been thorough everything, so He knows everything I go through
5-He has every good characteristic

Thanks Dad and Heavenly Father for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment