Thursday, January 12, 2012

To the Rescue


Back in November 2010 I wrote about Amazing Biographies. Yes, that was when I started President Monson's Bio and I finally finished it today. It's hard to finish when you are sharing the copy with family members, but very worth it. It is a book I would recommend to EVERYONE!

The chapter that spoke to me the strongest was "Reaching Out To The One." I love these words...

"There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save."

"The five most important words in the English language are "I am proud of you." The four most important are "What is your opinion?" The three most important are "If you please." The two most important are "Thank You." The least important is "I.""

And when you think it is too hard to reach out to others...

"We all have certain talents, and the Lord knows what they are. We all have limitations and the Lord knows what they are. Whatever our limitations may be the Lord said this: 'Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in Heaven is perfect.' He would not give us a commandment we could not fulfill. We can become perfect in out love of God. We can become perfect in the love of our fellow men."

Wow, President Monson, you are one Christlike man that I want to be like after Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment