Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kansas City Temple

Ever since my mission I have been waiting for a temple to be built within the boundaries, after all, my mission is pretty special. The Missouri Independence Mission has a rich historic background and a very important future! Previously two temple sites were started in the area, in Independence and Farr West. And what does the future hold... well ONLY THE SECOND COMING!

So a few years ago when the Prophet announced a temple there I have been giddy with anticipation! In December I did a quick drive by of the outside and took some pictures. Now the open house is going on with the dedication next month. My brother and sister in-law are moving to the Kansas City area this summer so I plan on visiting them and the temple!

In the meantime here is an article with some pictures too.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=19931626&nid=1016&title=cnn-tours-kansas-city-mormon-temple&s_cid=featured-2

No comments:

Post a Comment