Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cleave

I have been thinking about the word cleave for a few weeks now,
specifically because of this scripture:
 
 "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not your hearts."
 
I imagined myself hanging from a cliff in dire need of help from falling.  I guess I thought that the cliff represented all of my problems.  If I was hanging off of a cliff I would be cleaving to someones hand to save my life.  The Savior always has his arm of mercy extended towards me, but I have to also choose to cleave to him.  I love this thought!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment