Friday, January 2, 2015

Improving Self

I know, I know, it has been two months!  Holiday's get to all of us, but they were very enjoyable!  I was talking to someone yesterday about some problems that they are going through.  Their focus was on fixing or changing the other person whom they were struggling with.  As hard as the situation was, especially me not wanting to say the wrong thing, I knew that if they strengthened their self they could over come anything!  

It reminded me of the lesson I taught in Relief Society last week.  It was one of Elder Uchtdorf's talks from this past conference.  Lord is it I? was an amazing talk that I needed to learn from.  It was perfect for me!  So many times in life we get frustrated with ourselves and end up fault finding with others, which is a natural thing to do and hard to change, but can also lead us to self examination. 

I am far from perfect.  I don't have the greatest grammar, I am not as patient as I should be, I have weight I need to loose, I need to do better studying my scriptures and saying my prayers, the list goes on.  The important part to remember is we need to be improving and constantly.  We can do all things with the Lord!  Looking forward to making some changes in me in 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment