Friday, January 21, 2011

Change of Focus

So I was sitting in the temple the other day and thinking about health issues and our bodies in general. I have to admit my first thoughts were bodies are annoying and just fall apart. Then it hit me…the sole purpose we are here on earth could not be accomplished without a body!

I had to quickly repent and silently thank Heavenly Father for the gift of our bodies. Without our body we could not be tested, have families, and do the important temple work that needs to be done for those who have passed on or lived in a time when there were no temples.

I thought of Doctrine and Covenants 2:2-3, which basically says if we don’t have families and do temple work the earth will be utterly wasted at His coming. Wow, pretty strong warning! I am so grateful, now, for my body and for that opportunity I have to help in the Lord’s work. I know we are all tempted, have health issues, and are constantly trying to be healthy, but maybe if we focused on the reasons we need a body things would just work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment