Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For the Beauty of the Earth

Today when I was running I couldn't help but notice how gorgeous Spring is! It made me think of the songs All Creatures of our God and King and For the Beauty of the Earth. I love the first two verses of For the Beauty of the Earth...



1. For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,

[Chorus]
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.


2. For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flow’r,
Sun and moon, and stars of light

I recently started reading the Bible again and was reminded of how good God's Creation's are. "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."



Some of my favorite things about Spring "goodness" are:
1-Lily of the Valley, they smell divine (Pictured to the right)
2-Blossoming trees with snow on them
3-How green the grass is
4-The magnolia trees that are on BYU campus that to me always said, "It's almost the end of the semester!"
5-Noticing the Forsythia Bushes on fire because of my Mom
6-Having my bulbs, that I planted actually bloom
7-The daffodils that grow wild in Missouri, especially near my grandma's house. I was always jealous that Utah didn't have "wild" daffodils

So what are you waiting for? Get out there enjoy God's creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment