Saturday, April 30, 2011

Women's Conference

The last two days were a spiritual feast for me. From 9-5 I listened to inspired messages with talks specifically for women. So many classes were offered. The hard part was choosing which ones to go to. Some of my favorite speakers were Sister's Virginia Pearce, Ann Dibb, Mary Cook, Julie Beck, Bridgette Server, Mary Edmunds, Susan Bednar and also Elder David Bednar.

Some thoughts or highlights that inspired me were:

1-Prayer rests on the principle of faith.
2-Prayer is an expression of agency
3-What legacy will I leave behind? How will I be remembered?
4-Be a guardian of VIRTUE by... 1-Knowing my Identity 2-Strengthening my testimony and 3-Being worthy of the Spirit.
5-Focus less on marrying the right person...BE the right person!
6-Do not get distracted or diverted from my noble responsibility as a woman.
7-Our responsibilities are non-negotiable & will not change because of worldly views.
8-When I remember HIM, it's easier to remember I don't need a rest from my duties.
9-It is more then benevolence, it is becoming like the Savior!
10-The greatest battle of life is fought in the silent chambers of the heart.
11-Being a faithful disciple is the purpose behind every calling in the church.
12-Frankly Forgive. Desire, decision, & determination are the 3 D's of success!
13-The Lord ministers one by one, and accomplishes by small and simple means.
14-Measured steadiness is more efficient then spurts. We need to become intelligent drip irrigators in our own lives.
15-Spiritual patterns are essential in avoiding Satan's power.

So rewarding, so exhausting, and so worth going!

No comments:

Post a Comment