Monday, October 17, 2011

Managing time and technology

Usually when watching conference there is always one session I am distracted in or fall asleep. I try my best, but during the Saturday afternoon session I had a two year old distraction. Since then I have listened to the talks again and was impressed by Elder Ardern's talk called "A time to Prepare."

My favorite quote in his talk was "Electronic games and cyber acquaintances are no lasting substitute for real friends who can give an encouraging hug, who can pray for us and seek after our best interest." I have really needed "real friends" this year so this really hit home for me. Am I or you wasting to much time on facebook, playing games, or watching TV? How hard is it really to call a friend, drop by, or send a note to a friend or family member?

Love this too..."I know our greatest happiness comes as we tune in to the Lord (see Alma 37:37) and to those things which bring a lasting reward, rather than mindlessly tuning in to countless hours of status updates, Internet farming, and catapulting angry birds at concrete walls. I urge each of us to take those things which rob us of precious time and determine to be their master, rather than allowing them through their addictive nature to be the master of us."

No comments:

Post a Comment