Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Gopsel Principles

I have had a hard time lately for several reasons.  One reason is I am just overwhelmed with life,
especially being a Mom and more-so my calling.  It is rough not to compare yourself to others when you feel like a failure.  Yesterday I read in Alma and these scriptures stood out:

26:27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

Principle learned:  The Lord is there for us, be patient in all my trials and endure cheerfully.  It won't last forever.

27:18 Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness.

Principle learned: Joy comes to those who seek it, stay close to the gospel teachings, and are patient.  This is pure joy, not temporary worldly joy!

27: 27 And they were among the people of Nephi, and also numbered among the people who were of the church of God. And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.

Principle learned:   We have the gospel (good news), which brings zeal to living life!  If I am firm in my faith I can endure to the end!

Testimony building at it's best studying the scriptures and buoying me up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment