Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Single Survey

I don't think my husband even knows about this, but I recently took a survey that The Church of Jesus Christ sent me.  I am sure the survey was only sent to a few select people because it was for mid-singles that got married in the last year or so.  

For some reason it was a deeply spiritual experience for me.  I cannot remember all of the questions, but I did save two of my responses:

"Do things that encourage dating.  If you live in an area where dating is not happening, get online or move.  You cannot sit at home and expect something to happen without action!  Most of all Faith!  Faith in his timing, faith that he knows you and loves you, and faith that all people will be rewarded, just in different times.  Don't fear!  Even if you have close family that has been divorced.  

I waited for awhile for my husband to get sealing clearance.  A temple sealing was important for me.  He had been married twice and has four kids.  My step-mom also married a divorced man with four kids, so I learned a lot from her.  These were scary thing for me, but I know that faith, regular attendance, and study in the gospel are the most important things in a single life and married life.  Patience and faith really do bring greater happiness!"



omitted one line that was too personal to share.  For those of you that don't know me personally here is some background info.  I dated a lot after age 26 or 27, before that I was pretty shy.  Most of my dating was short lived, not turning into long-term relationships.  I finally married my husband when I was 32, which in LDS terms is old. It was well worth the wait and while I married a divorced man with 4 boys, I have never regretted it!  I still have many friends that are single.  I would recommend the book "A single voice," which I talked about in another blog entry.  Just because you are single DOES NOT mean you have less worth, the Lord just has a different timetable for each of us.  

Top things I learned from taking the survey:

1-Family life does bring the most happiness in life!
2-Marriage is work and always will be.  If your not working one of you has given up.
3-Like "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" states, "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded on the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."



No comments:

Post a Comment