Monday, January 11, 2010

Come on were going on a Sleigh Ride


Okay, okay, I know it has been awhile since I have posted, but seriously I wonder how many people are reading this anyway? No really, I have had so many spiritual thought lately I haven't known which one to write about. None-the-less I made a decision!

This past weekend I went on a sleigh ride with friends. It was an amazing experience, but what put me into deep thought was controlling the mules (yep I thought they would be horses too, but I guess mules are stronger). The driver would pull the reigns to slow them down and he would make a kissing noise to increase their speed. These mules were so smart they were in the Olympics in Salt Lake in 2002. This made me think about the influence of Heavenly Father in our lives. Sometimes we may think we are being controlled by a bridle, environmental circumstances, or maybe the load we are pulling. In reality Heavenly Father is there pulling the reigns or encouraging us onward.

Each of us is as strong as a mule and knows that we have unlimited potential. We have the influence of our Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost so we are able to hear and feel what our Heavenly Father would have us do. What an amazing blessing to have the Holy Ghost and guidance from our Heavenly Father in our lives by living worthily. It is there for the taking, all we have to do is ask and sometimes we don't even have to do that.

2 comments:

  1. Great analogy! Thanks for sharing. I loved the sleigh ride too, this just made it even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read you posts Mindi! You are so uplifting, thanks.

    ReplyDelete