Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Single Voice


Once again I had intentions of writing about something else, but this has been more pressing on my mind. Oh, btw, if you haven't heard there is going to be a temple built in PAYSON! So exciting! Can't wait for it to be finished! That means 3 temples in Utah valley.

Recently I have been reading the book, "A Single Voice." It is by Kristen Oaks, who is Apostle Elder Dallin H. Oaks wife. It is an amazing book! I am astounded every time I turn the page. I know that a lot of you that read this blog are single, so I would recommend you read this book. Let me share a little bit of the text to get you excited.

"Every one of us, married or single, must prepare individually to return to our Father in Heaven." She also quotes Elder Oaks and other general authorities saying, "The first principle of the gospel is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith means trust-trust in God's will, trust in His way of doing things, and trust in His timetable. We should not try to impose our timetable on Him."

"Being single does not mean you have to put off being happy.... Whether you are happy or not depends to some degree upon outward circumstances, but mostly it depends on how you choose to look at things yourself, whether you measure what you have or what you have not."

AMAZING, go and read it now!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I'll have to read it, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might have convinced me to get it and read it. Those are some great quotes to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete