Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Journaling


So I am not the best journal writer in the world but a year or so ago I made a goal to write once a week. Journal writing is really important and is especially useful for posterity to get to know you and also learn from the past. One of my favorite things is reading my ancestors journals.

A few years ago I remember a specific Young Women's Activity were we learned about a few different types of journal keeping. I was amazed...there are scripture, temple, family history, personal, and so many other types of journals. Besides my personal journal I love keeping a temple journal recommended to me by my grandpa. I keep track of the date I went to the temple, who I went with, what temple I attended, and the persons info whose work I did. Plus writing things down is an added benefit because we are more likely to remember it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I like that Temple Journal idea. I used to be a great Journal writer, but with 2 kids that has been a little harder. I really try to keep journals for each of my kids. I think they'll like to read it someday.

    ReplyDelete