Friday, February 5, 2010

The church is true, but the people ain't perfect!

The last couple of days I have been thinking about less then perfect people. I was lucky enough to go to a Cougar Club luncheon with my Dad this week and had to wait in line to get our lunch. An older couple was very quick to butt in front of us in line (and I believe they knew what they were doing). It got me thinking really none of us are perfect, but the church is still true.

It reminded me of a section of scripture I recently read. I like how Mormon separates the church and the people in Helaman 3:33-34 when he says, "...there was peace also, save it were the pride which began to enter into the church-not into the church of God, but into the hearts of the people who professed to belong to the church of God..34 And they were lifted up in pride." There ya have it, pride is what makes people not perfect and the cycle or saga, if you will, continues.

1 comment: