Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My heart is turned


Within the last year I have become addicted to Name Indexing. At first I started with a goal to index 2-3 batches a month. Now I am doing 2-3 batches a week.

Recently I went to a class to learn more about the new family search website. A few years ago I did some work on some of my ancestors names and was able to take them to the temple and get their work done. In that process I decided that was too hard and gave up. Now the church has a new website (new.familysearch.org) that makes searching and tracking much easier. I am really excited to get started.

Until I get into the researching part my heart is set on indexing! If you haven't tried it I have to warn you that it can be addicting, as recently noted by the girl I visit taught (and myself)! Doctrine and Covenants 2:2 says, "And he shall plant in the hearts of the children the promises made to the fathers, and the hearts of the children shall turn to their fathers." My heart has definitely turned!

No comments:

Post a Comment