Thursday, July 29, 2010

Palymra Temple and Pageant

So I have been meaning to post pictures from my trip for over a week now, but had some problems with the cd's. Now I am set and thought I would share church history with you in the order that we saw each place. It was the best vacation I have been on yet because my testimony was strengthened, I grew to love and admire the early saints, and I found myself sad to leave each town just as the pioneers.

To start off we went to the Palmyra temple and went through a session. Afterwards we took pictures outside and ran into Donnie Osmond (who we later saw again at the restaurant we ate at).


This is the front entrance of the Palymra Temple, which is not on the parking lot side like I am used to with all the other temples I have been to.


This side of the temple has a clear stained glass (so it's not really stained) window with a story behind it (the middle set of windows). This side of the temple faces the Sacred Grove so President Hinckley thought this window should be clear so you could look through it to the grove. From the inside it is in the lobby.


This is the view from the window to the Sacred Grove.


After the temple we grabbed some dinner and headed to the Palymra Pageant. I have been to every pageant produced by the church with the exception of the Mesa Easter Pageant and this one was by far my favorite. You could feel the spirit so strongly, probably because it was the story of the Book of Mormon.

The view of the pageant grounds and Hill Cumorah in the background (see the Angel Moroni peeking out).


The beginning of the pageant when the entire cast is on stage.


They had really cool special effects, water and fire. This is the ship Nephi built, in a storm when his brothers were wicked and had bound him.


Towards the end of the Pageant Christ comes to visit the Nephites in the America's.

Loved the Temple and Pageant and would tell anyone that these are "must see" places to see in your lifetime. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment