Sunday, July 18, 2010

Taxiing

Recently I flew to New York. I have been lucky enough to never have problems with any flight I have been on in the past, with the plane or with my luggage. This trip was different. Leaving Utah we taxied. Leaving JFK we sat on the runway even longer, approximately 2 hours. Don't get me wrong it was a learning experience, especially if I am writing about it now.



The wait was not the airlines fault, but rather the weather. So as I sat there I thought to myself, "Instead of complaining like those around me, what can I learn from this?" Learn I did.

When we are caught in the storms of life sometimes we just have to endure. The key to that enduring is enjoying it and being positive. I have learned a lot about enduring well as I have toured the church history sites (more to come about that!). In my case I was able to catch up on some studying and also talked to those around me about the Palmyra Pageant where I was headed. Joy in the journey!

1 comment:

  1. When did you go to the Palmyra? New York is not far from me I wish I would have known you were here and I would have come to see you.
    Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete