Friday, September 17, 2010

This isn't a race...


So lately I have been thinking a lot about running. Maybe because I love it so much, or because you have a lot of time to think while you are running.

Do you ever notice that we as humans tend to compare ourselves, see who has the bigger, better stuff? Even when people are telling stories they try to top the story being told with something better. IT DOESN'T MATTER! I constantly remind myself of that.

I think of the perfect scripture to illustrate this..."Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." (2 Nephi 31:20) The point is to press forward, not race, but help each other stay on the path! I distinctly remember memorizing this scripture when I was a missionary. My companion helped me with each and every word and even added actions to help.

As we are running remember to help others, press forward with hope, and hey, it doesn't hurt to have a running partner either! I'm still looking for one, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment