Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Balance and Patience

Patience and balance are two subjects I have been thinking about for awhile now. Not really sure why, maybe because I notice I do better when these things are incorporated in my life and I also notice the lack thereof.

I think balance in life is really important. That includes having your physical, spiritual, and emotional needs met. I notice that when I exercise, eat right, get enough sleep, go to the temple weekly, read my scriptures and pray daily I am HAPPIER! Figuring out balance is a lifelong pursuit, not something that is perfected in a day either.

Patience also plays hand in hand with balance. Good things take time! I remember on my mission just wanting an investigator to hurry up already, but good things take time and the gospel is worth waiting for. In addition to that sometimes I find myself not being patient with my Father in Heaven. I find myself wanting things now, and not comprehending why he is possibly making me wait. Trust me, ALL my wants are righteous desires, okay maybe not. And just like waiting for a prayer to be answered good bread takes time to cook in the oven. If you open the oven too soon, the loaf will fall and not turn out. In my younger days I was perfectly happy eating the dough, so while I am waiting for good things to bake, I might as well eat some dough:)

1 comment:

  1. I love that, "while I am waiting for the good things to bake, I might as well eat some dough." I might quote you on that sometime.

    ReplyDelete