Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Be of Good Cheer:)

In a time when things are at their worse (I am dealing with 3 hard things for me)including my Mom dying soon, I read the most amazing article in the Ensign called "Be of Good Cheer: Choosing Happiness"

REMINDER: Christ has overcome the world!

"Christ's enabling power helps us feel happiness and cheer amid mortal gloom and doom. Misfortune and hardship lose their tragedy when viewed through the lense of the Atonement.

When Christ proclaims, “Be of good cheer,” He is not requesting a naïve, Pollyanna-like response to life’s cruel twists and turns. Nor is He promising a pain-free life of constant bliss. Trial is no respecter of persons. Tragedy and hardship do not discriminate."

"I have learned that in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I can do all things with Christ which strengtheneth me (Philippians 4:11, 13)"

"True, we live in a time of war, a day of conflicts and terrors not only among nations but within our own hearts. But He who is the Balm, of Gilead is the Lord of all creation; only in Him are peace and serenity found."


In the last week my views have changed dramatically and some people are wondering whats up! Gospel means good news!!! With my knowledge it is hard to be sad or depressed long term. I can make it through hard things!

No comments:

Post a Comment