Friday, March 2, 2012

No One Can Take Your Place

I have learned some great principles in listening to Sherri Dew's book. I mentioned it in my last post. In fact I am listening to it for my second time. I have to share some of the things I think are the most poignant!

1-God wants a powerful people.
2-He gives his power to those who are faithful.
3-We, therefore, have a sacred obligation to seek after the power of God and use that power as he directs.
4-When we have the power of God with us, nothing is impossible.

How do we gain that power?
1-Through reading and studying the word of God (mostly the scriptures)
2-Having the Holy Ghost and/or Revelation
3-Accessing the Priesthood or being worthy to hold it
4-Attending the temple
5-Through the Atonement

Another powerful thought...
"When we choose to sin we choose to live on our own!"

I also liked how she talked about having more integrity or becoming more honest...
1-Decide today you will be worthy of trust.
2-Do what you say you will do.
3-Make covenants and keep them.
4-Stand up for what you believe.
5-Expect your integrity to be challenged.
6-Don't give up.
7-Covenant (do what you came here to do).

We sow the seeds to reap a bountiful national harvest by:
-Having Integrity
-Be selfless
-Having a devotion to God

Thanks for these insights Sherri!

No comments:

Post a Comment