Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random

I have been thinking about so many things lately I have not known what I want to post. So this is going to be a mixture of a few of my religious thoughts lately.

FHE should be easier when you are single, right? It just seems like the FHE leaders in my ward really struggle with coming up with ideas. I feel like I should go so that I get into the habit when I have my own family, but I like variety and I don't want to have to drive far to get there every time! So I found a great site on pinterest with fun ideas.


I have also been listening to a CD called "No One Can Take Your Place" by Sherri Dew. A friend of mine loaned it to me and said it was amazing. I concur!!! I am only in chapter 3, but am L.O.V.I.N.G it:)

Lastly I made a New Year's Resolution, among others, which seems to be really hard for me. No Gossiping! It is a lot harder because others gossip to me. Personally I don't want people talking about me behind my back, at least saying things they would not say to my face. I got an email from a friend that I think sums up what I have been feeling.


Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom.
One day an acquaintance ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about Diogenes?"
"Wait a moment," Socrates replied, "Before you tell me I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."
"Triple filter?" asked the acquaintance.
"That's right," Socrates continued, "Before you talk to me about Diogenes let's take a moment to filter what you're going to say. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"
"No," the man said, "Actually I just heard about it."
"All right," said Socrates, "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about Diogenes something good?"
"No, on the contrary..."
"So," Socrates continued, "You want to tell me something about Diogenes that may be bad, even though you're not certain it's true?"
The man shrugged, a little embarrassed. Socrates continued, "You may still pass the test though, because there is a third filter, the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about Diogenes going to be useful to me?"
"No, not really."
"Well," concluded Socrates, "If what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me or anyone at all?"

No comments:

Post a Comment