Thursday, May 3, 2012

Debt

I have been thinking a lot lately about the service member's in our church render. There are no paid members in our church. The 1st Presidency, Stake Presidency and Bishopric definitely put in more time then anyone I know who voluntarily gives of their time.  There is also the Elder's Quorum and Relief Society Presidency's. 

I never knew how much time these people really contributed until I was old enough to see my Dad gone a lot serving others.  I have always known of the scripture in Mosiah 2:17 that says "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God, " but it was not until today when I read verse 34 did I receive an answer to my prayers. "...ye are eternally indebted to your heavenly Father, to render to him all that you have and are."

We are eternally indebted to our Heavenly Father because we cannot even comprehend what he has done for us.  I am pretty blessed to be served by the above mentioned people on a daily basis, but even more blessed that I have a Heavenly Father and Savior who love me so much.  I know that they love me because of their sacrifices.  So thank you President Monson, my Bishop, my Dad, and especially my Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment