Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stand in Sacred Places

Oh my goodness I cannot say enough good things about Elder Marlin K. Jensen's CES address from this past week. I want to watch it again and can here. I felt the spirit so strongly and loved the lessons he taught about the Sacred Grove. The Sacred Grove is special to me for so many reasons...It is were Joseph Smith met God the Father and Jesus Christ in answer to his prayer. It is also the last vacation I went on with my Mother before she passed away. It is where Elder Scott from the Quorum of the 12 apostles proposed to his wife and it is where I have felt the spirit so strongly! I wish I lived closer to the site, but the good news is I can stand in sacred places or feel the Spirit daily!

Elder Jensen talked about what we can learn from the Sacred Grove. He said, "A careful observer of nature ... can learn some significant lessons from the ecosystem that exists there," he said. "I wish to briefly share four of those lessons with you tonight."
Those 4 lessons are:
Lesson No.1: Trees always grow toward the light.
Lesson No. 2: Trees require opposition to fulfill the measure of their creation.
Lesson No. 3: Trees are best grown in forests, not in isolation.
Lesson No. 4: Trees draw strength from the nutrients created by previous generations of trees.

He applied this tree analogy to each of our lives.  I don't even know what else to share with you from him because every word inspired me!  If you want to read some of the talk (but not the full text) you can at ldschurchnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment