Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Draw closer to God

Recently I picked up the book by Elder Henry B. Eyring, "Draw closer to God."  I started it a few years ago and somehow got sidetracked, which I have no idea why because it is an amazing book.  I have always tried to be closer to my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, but this year it has become much more important to me.  I realized after the hard year I had in 2011 that it was ESSENTIAL!

With that being said I taught (well hopefully the spirit taught) a lesson on Heavenly Father this past Sunday.  It is the first lesson in the Gospel Principles Manual and so simple!  My favorite part of the lesson was the section titled "Coming to know God."  It is as simple as 4 things that have been on my mind since.

1. Believe that He exists and that He loves us (see Mosiah 4:9).
2. Study the scriptures (see 2 Timothy 3:14–17).
3. Pray to Him (see James 1:5).
4. Obey all His commandments as best we can (see John 14:21–23).

That being said I do feel near to all three members of the Godhead, but only when I am striving to does those 4 things.  It seems like I can do 2-3 at a time, but struggle with doing all 4 all the time.  I am so grateful that Christ walked the earth so he knows exactly how I feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment