Monday, November 12, 2012

What did I get myself into?

Yep, I got myself into a mess.  I accepted a new calling not knowing what I got myself into.  I have loved going to my new family ward and know it is the friendliest ward that I have ever been in.  Yesterday when I taught Sunday school to the 13-14 year old's I was humbled, almost brought to tears and learned so much.  I have not been in a family ward in over 10 years and have felt truly blessed to be back in one, but that class almost had me running back to my mid-singles ward.  Imagine 12 teens who would not be quiet, mostly boys, some punching each other and then me in shock.  It has been 15 years since I was their age!!!  While trying to teach about family, love, and home I was just telling myself "Be kind, be patient" over and over again.  I am in over my head and need the Lord's help majorly!!!  The great thing about the gospel is that we can accomplish all with Him.  Now I need to be better in tune with him and need other's advice/help. 

So far this is helpful...https://www.lds.org/youth/learn/guidebook?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment