Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mists, well Inversion

Once a week I drive to the Timpanogos Temple very early.  I love to see the lights on the temple at 5 am and always wondered if they keep them all night.  This week was different.  First off let me say that this week has been a rough one.  Mostly I am noticing how much the world is screaming, in turmoil, how gossiping is prevailing, how everyone wants to get a gun, how rude people are, and how busy people are. I love the peace the temple brings!!!
We have been having a bad inversion in Utah with some pretty nasty air.  When I drove to the temple this week I could barely see the temple.  I instantly thought of the wickedness in the world!  The mists of darkness trying to cloud the light!  Normally I can see the temple lights from my house, but I thought they had turned them off this week only to find out they were still on, but I could not see them until I was nearly to the temple.  The lesson I learned was the closer we are to the temple the brighter and more peaceful our lives can be amongst the wicked world!  The temple, Christ, and the Plan of Salvation are what gives us light in such a dark world.  If we are prepared we don't need to fear.  There is a lot to be done to arm ourselves from the world, but if we keep our covenants and draw near the Savior we will be a beacon in a dark world.

No comments:

Post a Comment