Monday, January 21, 2013

So close

Wow this weekend I was on such a spiritual high.  I was able to go to the temple three times this last week and hear two general authorities speak this weekend.  Honestly I felt closer to the veil than I ever have, which in turn had me missing two people on the other side of the veil so much.  I have also been missing one person that lives nearby, but I don't get to see them.

These feelings were so strong that I couldn't help myself crying a few times.  I was impressed by the messages of rescuing the one and that missionary work is being done on both sides of the veil.  I loved hearing a thought by President Wilford Woodruff, quoted by Elder Ballard.  He said that every previous dispensation has had ample time to do the work, we do not!  So much work has to be done and we need to be in a hurry to accomplish it (On a side note my Great (not sure how many times) Grandpa Hans used to go fishing with President Woodruff).  I feel an urgency to be with these three people who I miss dearly and know we have a great work to do, but are closer then we have ever been.

I also liked that Elder Ballard said, "We can look beyond the thin veil to the Spirit world.  Surly those who have passed on can see more clearly towards us.  We are not separate from them." I am grateful that Heavenly Father has given me these tender experiences!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment