Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

I love Christmas time, but I am not a big fan of decorating, or should I say excessive decorating! For example, I helped set up four Christmas Trees this year, crazy!!! Let's just say I would rather look at trees then decorate them, which is also what I did. If you haven't been to the Festival of Trees you have to go next year. It was my 2nd time going and I loved it. They also have gingerbread houses and other decorations.

So I have been thinking about the symbolism of Christmas items, namely the Christmas Tree. I searched high and low over the Internet for answers and none of them were great. The explanation that I liked best was found on www.lds.org and in the Family Home evening Manual. Here are a few:

Bells-Sheep bells
Candy canes-Shepherd’s staff
Lights,candles,star-The star that appeared on the night of Jesus’ birth
Holly-The crown of thorns
Evergreen tree-Eternal life
Green,ivy-Life and hope
Red,holly berries-The blood of Christ





Pictured:
1- Savior tree (decorated with describing words and paintings)
2- Temple Tree
3- Book of Mormon Tree
4- USA Americana Tree
5- I Love Lucy Tree (For those of you who didn't know, I am a huge fan)

These were my top 5 favorite trees. I took many other pictures, but I decided that these were the best. Sorry about the quality of the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing. You have me beat...I've only helped with 3 trees this year. :)

    ReplyDelete