Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Reason for the Season

Lately I have been wondering if people remember the reason for the season, mostly because I have seen a lot of angry people this week. We have so much to be happy, grateful, and joyful about!

Recently the church announced an addition to the three fold mission of our church. They are adding "to care for the poor and needy." They are no longer calling these four principles "missions", but "purposes." The four purposes will now be:
1-Perfect the Saints
2-Redeem the Dead
3-Proclaim the Gospel
4-Care for the Poor and Needy

When I heard about this announcement I thought a lot about the main PURPOSE of our church. When you look at these 4 purposes the common bond I saw is that they SAVE people! This gospel is about saving people, because that is what the SAVIOR did for us. May you remember the "true" reason for the season as I have tried to do and enjoy the clip below that exemplifies exactly what I am trying to say!


1 comment:

  1. That's great, what a cute little girl! Yep, I did cry like you said I would. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete