Thursday, March 4, 2010

Basic Beliefs


My aunt emailed a link to an amazing talk that I read. It is by Elder Oaks and was given at Harvard Law School. I liked it so much because it talks about our basic Mormon beliefs. Obviously he cannot cover everything about our church in the allotted time of speaking, but 3 points he chose to focus on were:

1.The nature of God, including the role of the three members of the Godhead, and the corollary truth that there are moral absolutes.
2.The purpose of life.
3.The three-fold sources of truth about man and the universe: science, the scriptures, and continuing revelation, and how we can know them.

I encourage you to read the full text (I couldn't get it to copy the link, but I'm sure you all know how to copy and paste), you won't regret it!

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/fundamental-premises-of-our-faith-talk-given-by-elder-dallin-h-oaks-at-harvard-law-school

No comments:

Post a Comment