Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Go Green, Not Plastic


Happy St. Patrick's Day! So a few months ago I decided to really get serious about saving money, paying off bills, and not using a credit card. So crazy me decided to freeze my credit card (you know like the movie "Shopaholic") so that I would avoid using it entirely. I wasn't in a lot debt, I just don't like using a credit card. During the time my credit card was frozen I used cash and saved!!! It felt so good! And now I don't feel like I am flushing my money down the drain.

I understand the counsel given to us by the prophet and general authorities! President Gordon B. Hinckley has said, “Debt can be a terrible thing. It is so easy to incur and so difficult to repay. Borrowed money is had only at a price, and that price can be burdensome” (Ensign, Mar. 1990, 4). I am amazed how much more money I have when I am not paying off a credit card! Plus it ALWAYS helps when you pay your tithes and offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment