Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Boldness of Speech


So recently I have been reading/studying in Jacob. My heart went out to Him and I felt like I could relate. There are two verses that I could relate to especially in Jacob 2:3,7.

3 And ye yourselves know that I have hitherto been diligent in the office of my calling; but I this day am weighed down with much more desire and anxiety for the welfare of your souls than I have hitherto been.
7 And also it grieveth me that I must use so much boldness of speech concerning you, before your wives and your children, many of whose feelings are exceedingly tender and chaste and delicate before God, which thing is pleasing unto God;

I felt a lot of the language from conference was very bold, but it needed to be. Maybe I relate to these verses and those conference talks because of the lesson I am preparing for Relief Society this month. The lesson is on Elder Holland's talk from April 2010. The title is "Place no more for the enemy of my soul." It's a doosie, go and read it and then you will understand my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment