Monday, February 7, 2011

No Secrets

I have been reading about Secret Combinations in the scriptures recently and that reminded me of a quote I heard in an institute class last summer by Elder Faust. Paraphrasing he said that there are no secrets...in the last days all of our sins and secrets will be revealed when we are judged (I have the exact source, but it's in a binder put away).

I thought of this when I read this verse...
"Wherefore, I, Moroni, am commanded to write these things that evil may be done away, and that the time may come that Satan may have no power upon the hearts of the children of men, but that they may be persuaded to do good continually, that they may come unto the fountain of all righteousness and be saved (Ether 8:26)." The Lord wants evil things written about in the scriptures so we know of those things, so we can learn from them, and so we won't do them.

Another point I thought of is we need to read the scriptures daily to have power to overcome sin or evil, to be persuaded to do good, then we can be righteous. Sometimes there are times when we don't feel like praying or reading the scriptures, but have you ever noticed in those times we are sinning or trying to keep secrets from the Lord (or someone else)?

So the principle here is there are no secrets and read your scriptures daily to overcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment