Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ladders and Chutes

I had someone share some great imagery with me the other day. It is all about the atonement, I love it! I have always tried to understand and use the atonement fully in my life, but of course like any human being have not been able to. Well this friend told me we cannot view this life like a ladder. When we do we see things in a prideful, status, despairing way. When we constantly climb a ladder we tell ourselves "I need to...(fill in the blank)." Stop Climbing, get off the ladder! If you continue to do that you will ALWAYS fall down those darn chutes. We need to tell ourselves, "Shut up, be still, and don't climb!!!" In reality you will never "Win" by climbing ladders.

In comparison we need to be traveling on the ROAD of life side by side next to the Savior, then we can "Be Still." When you fall in this case you are at the Savior's side and not elevating yourself or trying to do things by yourself. The way to "win" or attain eternal life is only done with the Savior! I cannot stop thinking about this, I love learning new concepts like this in life!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment