Thursday, June 7, 2012

4 Cornerstones a Home should be built on

The last while I have noticed some cute family scene's and realized how important family is.  I loved seeing a little one year old play in the sand in Arches National Park with her family.  I watched in awe when I was at Costco as a Dad snuggled with a baby and kept kissing him.  Many more scenes come to mind, but the point is I want that!

How can I be a good wife and mother when I have no experience?  I want to be the best I can, so I am really working on improving myself now.  I may not have a lot to offer, but I will always love to the best of my abilities.  I read a great talk today called "Except the Lord Build the House," by President Hinckley.  I love the four cornerstones that President Hinckley suggests a home is built upon.

1-Respect for One Another
2-The Soft Answer
3-Honesty with God and with One Another
4-Family Prayer

I love these suggestions, although I think that they are musts!  I see so many families struggling because they are lacking one of these simple things.  I say that now, but I haven't walked in the shoes of a married person or been a Mom.  Hopefully I can learn through example, trial and error, and doing the best I can.  Go read the talk

No comments:

Post a Comment