Friday, June 22, 2012

Power

I was impressed with the power Ammon had in the Book of Alma. I forgot sometimes how much power we have available to us as members of the church. If we are endowed we are endowed with power. If we have the Holy Ghost, by living worthy, we are empowered and constantly guided. We also have the priesthood which blesses us with power. Why then do we or more importantly I not access this power that we have available to us? I think it's great that King Lamoni thinks Ammon is the "Great Spirit" because that demonstrates to me that we can accomplish all with this power from Heavenly Father.

Some great verses in chapter 18 are:

3 And they answered the king, and said: Whether he be the Great Spirit or a man, we know not; but this much we do know, that he cannot be slain by the enemies of the king; neither can they scatter the king’s flocks when he is with us, because of his expertness and great strength; therefore, we know that he is a friend to the king. And now, O king, we do not believe that a man has such great power, for we know he cannot be slain.

34 Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true;
35 And a portion of that spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God.

I also found this great article I would highly recommend
http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/jbms/?vol=8&num=1&id=183





No comments:

Post a Comment