Monday, September 10, 2012

Quest for Zion

Wow, every time I watch the CES fireside it gets better and better!  Elder Holland is one of my top three speakers so there was no way I was going to miss this!  Boy, did he lay it down too, which I love;)  He talked about all through time the members of the church have had to flee Babylon for safe refuge.  We no longer flee but are mature enough that we have to stand up for what is right! 

Two points that he highlighted that I really liked were 1-You never check your religion at the door (this was referring to a story about a sports event).  We need to act like members of the church all the time and not change how we act depending on the circumstance.

2-Watch Yourself (summarized into my words).  It is easy to be righteous when things are calm, but not when things are hard.  Try to be strong and love your enemy.  DON'T BE GUILTY OF THE GREATER OFFENSE.  Try to do what the Savior would do!  We are not to condemn others.  We need to distinguish between the sin and the sinner.

And the best line of the night that I want to exemplify...I want to be caught living the gospel and doing something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment