Sunday, September 2, 2012

Single Eye

This past weekend I had the privilege to attend the Brigham City Open House.  Just before we went I was eating dinner with friends when we were approached by a woman asking if we were going to the temple open house.  I told her yes and that we had extra tickets if she needed some.  Turns out we had the exact number of tickets that she needed and since her Mother was with her, they had a handicap parking sticker and said that we could park right by them at the temple instead of getting bused there from a different location.

So we went through the open house with them.  Her Mother was super sweet and I enjoyed talking with her since I love any grandma.  She was mostly blind and could see just the size of a pinhole.  When we entered the celestial room she was not allowed to use her wheelchair.  I noticed she needed the help of two people.  Her daughter helped, but the granddaughter did not.  So I walked over to help.  I am so glad I did.
As we walked through the room very slowly she was very turned around and we had to describe a lot of it to her.  I could see the delight in her face to know that she was in the Celestial Room.  She told me, "I can only see a tiny bit, but it is so bright!"  Immediately I thought of this scripture, "...faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work."  She had her eye's single to HIS glory!  Did I?  I wanted to be as happy as she was seeing so little, but seeing what was the most important!  True happiness only comes from Him.  The temple leads back to Him and I know that he lives and loves us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment