Monday, November 2, 2009

The Essential Things

The last few days have been very busy for me. I worked extra hours at work, packed my things, celebrated my Dad's birthday, moved, went to a Halloween Party, etc... The highlight of my busy weekend was Stake Conference!

Some of you may have been wondering about the title of my blog. My favorite talk from Stake Conference is exactly what the title of my blog is about.

Milk is the simple or essential things of the gospel and life. Meat is the weightier, deeper, more complicated part. Family is the milk or most important part of the gospel. To paraphrase from the speaker~ Anything that turns us away from the family is essentially Anti-Christ. The essential things we are asked to do are the most important; these are things like scripture study, prayer, temple attendance, and family. DO NOT PUT OFF THE LITTLE THINGS! When we understand the Plan of Happiness we are gaining an eternal perspective.

So often we get caught up in the day to day things that do not matter, but if we stick to the "milk" of life we will realize that everything in this gospel revolves around the family.







No comments:

Post a Comment