Tuesday, April 13, 2010

10 Things to like about men




Recently I noticed a few movies advertised on TV, specifically "10 Things I hate about you" and "How to lose a guy in 10 days."

This past Sunday in Relief Society the teacher told us a story about an experience she had involving men that really touched me. She needed a piece of furniture moved and had asked several men that she knew who had a truck to help move it. She kept striking out and was very frustrated with men in general at that point. Finally her brother thought he could help, even though he didn't have a truck. When they went to the wood shop to pick up the piece of furniture her brother saw a gentlemen there with a truck and asked if he would help them move their item the few blocks it needed to go. He was happy to help and at that point the RS teacher had the distinct impression, "I am a Man and I love you," from Heavenly Father. At first I was confused by her story, but then I realized that she had frustrations and bad feelings towards all men and the spirit testified to her that the Godhead was 3 men who loved her and would always help her. Hopefully that story makes sense.

Anyway, after these advertisements and hearing this story in church I have been thinking there is a lot to like about men. We could probably all name at least 10 great things about a man in our lives. A few things I like off the top of my head are: we rely on them for the priesthood, most of them are strong or willing to help us lift heavy things, they are great providers, and if I ever need to know what is going on in sports they are my source. I appreciate all the men in my life especially my Heavenly Father, Savior, Dad, and brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment