Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Endurance

From the time Mormon was 15 he was the commander of the army of Nephites. He fought in a war against the Lamanites his whole life. He was surrounded by wicked people the entire time with the exception of his son and the 3 Nephites.

Shortly before he dies the 3 Nephites administered to him and his son Moroni. After his death Moroni wandered the land ALONE. He was the only righteous person left.

Sometimes when I get discouraged and think I can't make it anymore it would probably help to remember the examples of these men. I cannot imagine fighting in a war my whole life or being the only righteous person in the land.

Really when it comes to enduring to the end I have it much easier then they did, but the thing we have in common is reliance on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment