Thursday, April 29, 2010

Patience


Recently I have been learning a lot of patience and I am learning a lot about it from Joseph Smith. Doctrine and Covenants 121 and 122 are were one should turn to if they need to study up on the subject. Sometimes I feel like I keep on praying and WAITING for answers.

Lines like "O God, where art thou?" and "how long shall thy hand be stayed" are natural human questions. When in reality I should be thinking, "The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater then he?"

Joseph Smith truly perfected the art of patience. He was mocked, physically hurt, lost family members, and he had to constantly be in tune with the spirit in order to receive revelation for the church. Yet he was HAPPY! One of my favorite quotes from a college professor was, "have joy in the journey, not the destination." So while I may have to patiently wait for answers I need to tell myself, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming (in the tune of Dory)." And have JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment