Monday, April 19, 2010

“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.” -La Rochefoucauld



In the last week I have been thinking a lot about health, exercise, the Word of Wisdom, and taking care of our bodies. Our bodies are amazing and they are also a gift.

So with that in mind shouldn't we strive to take care of the gift we are given? Some people I have come across lately don't see the point of exercising.

I disagree with these thoughts and think you feel so much better when you are exercising and eating right. Sure there are some "skinny" people out there, but they are some of the least healthy people too.

If you think America is ahead of the rest of the world in nutrition, think again. Just watch "Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution" on friday nights. I cannot believe some of the things I have seen on the show.

I even asked a co-workers kids about specific fruits and vegatables and they were clueless. They did tell me all the kinds of junk-food they liked.

If good health is not a motivation for you maybe D&C 89 will help:

"18And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive bhealth in their navel and marrow to their bones;

19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;

20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.

21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen."

1 comment: