Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Holiday!


Imagine preparing for a holiday or vacation for month's. You have been praying for specific things. Other's have been preparing so that you will have a great holiday. That is General Conference for me. It is my favorite holiday and I get it twice a year!

Contrary to what my brother believes, it is a holiday! Here is a definition I found online:
1. A day free from work that one may spend at leisure, especially a day on which custom or the law dictates a halting of general business activity to commemorate or celebrate a particular event.
2. A religious feast day; a holy day.
So I am celebrating a particular event, at leisure, and being spiritually fed!

The best part is I can listen to the General Young Women, Relief Society, and Priesthood sessions (and conference) on my IPOD later. In addition to that I get to read it in the Ensign. If you ask me I couldn't ask for a better vacation! I swear each conference I watch and listen to gets better and better. What a way to renew my spirits and "really" re-energize me to face the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment