Monday, July 30, 2012

Importance of the Scriptures

I have a friend who had her scriptures stolen and has not had money to buy a new set.  I have multiple sets of scriptures which include The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, New Testament, Old Testament, and the Pearl of Great Price.  They are pretty expensive when they include all of those books of scripture so I told her that I would give her one.  

It wasn't until I was handing her the scriptures that I realized what the Savior and many prophets have felt.  I had just finished reading our Sunday school lesson about the scriptures, recording keeping, and teaching the gospel to our families, specifically Alma 36-39.  What a gift they are!  I knew that these records are of great importance and because they are such an important record I felt the sacredness of the words therein.  I cannot fully express my love for the words of the prophets, the Savior, and Heavenly Father contained therein.  I love the scriptures with all of my heart.  I truly believe that if they are read and studied everyday we will not go astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment