Thursday, March 24, 2011

Daily


A few years ago when I lived in Alaska I was always amazed by the moose. I know it sounds a little foolish, but I would watch them with fascination because they were constantly eating! I remember thinking that they needed daily nourishment to survive the harsh winter or they would quickly die.

Today I still think about this in regards to my spiritual nourishment. In the scriptures we are constantly reminded of things we need to be doing daily for example...

Live in thanksgiving daily(Alma 34:38)
Calling on the name of the Lord daily (Mosiah 4:11)

And quoted even more in the scriptures "always remember."

So, being human, I am not so great at doing things daily and want to be better. When I fail to read my scriptures, pray, or have gratitude on a daily basis it helps me to repeat to myself, "remember the moose, lol!"

No comments:

Post a Comment