Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Enduring


I have been thinking a lot about enduring to the end or enduring through hard things. I am reminded of this a few times a week when I go and exercise. There is a track at the fitness center were I run/walk a few times a week and I regularly see the same older gentleman. You might ask what is so special or different about him? Well, I would estimate that he is probably between 85-90 years old, walks with a walker, and is ALWAYS smiling! Every single person that passes him is met with a different greeting EVERY TIME THEY LAP HIM. His character and optimism AMAZE me!!!

The ultimate example of enduring well of course is Christ. In 2 Nephi 31:15 it says, "Yea, the words of my Beloved are true and faithful. He that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved." This is the Father speaking of the Son.

I read this amazing talk by Elder Maxwell (I miss him so much), called Endure it Well. I am even having a heard time knowing what to share with you...please go read the whole text!!! So let me just end with this quote...

"By taking Jesus’ yoke upon us and enduring, we learn most deeply of Him and especially how to be like Him. (See Matt. 11:29.) Even though our experiences are micro compared to His, the process is the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment