Monday, March 7, 2011

Precious Gift


Yesterday in Relief Society we had a great lesson on conversion. For me the key point that the teacher made was sometimes conversion is remembering. When she said that I was instantly reminded that I felt the Holy Ghost strongly just the day before.

The day before I was privileged to go to a baptism of a twin boy and girl. Like any other baptism a talk was given about the Holy Ghost and that got me thinking that is what is different about our church from others. Before the keys and ordinances were put into place in the 1830's why were people joining the church? A lot of them joined before the Book of Mormon was published and just as the priesthood was being set up. The Holy Ghost testified of the truthfulness of this gospel! I love that we can know the truthfulness of all things, but especially gospel principles because of the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul asked the Ephesians unto what they were baptized and they answered after the manner of John's baptism. We know that it is unto repentance and so that we can receive the Holy Ghost. Have you ever stopped to think what life would be like without the gift of the Holy Ghost? I sincerely think it is the best gift I have ever received so I better cherish it, live worthy of it, and hold it precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment